Sunday, August 12, 2012

Week 43

Hiya Family!
:( Polly is dead. Did someone say "Polly's a dog!" for me before she left this world?! Oh man, something inside me told me that she died this week. She just kept popping in my head. :( I'm not gonna lie I'm a little sad, but I'm glad she's not suffering anymore. It's gonna be weird coming home someday and her not being there....
RIP Polly P. Puppers
You always had a song to sing
And you always pooped in my closet...
You will always be a dog...
May you and (Grants dog...for the life of me I can't remember his name!!) be friends forever in heaven
God be with you til we meet again
Well in better news things here at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry are just brilliant. You should know....I made the quidditch team!!! It was tough, but me and my Nimbus 2012 made it onto the team. What a dream come true ;)
Well Mum you're right...it's my birthday in a couple of weeks and yes...i am NOT looking forward to it. Yuck, Mom I'm getting old! Can we just skip this one this year, just pretend like it's not my birthday...please? Please? Ugh.
I don't need a thing! I've got my wand, my Nimbus 2012, my wonderful family, I get to share the restored gospel with everyone! What else could a missionary need? ins I really am good though :) I'm just going to pretend like it's any other day. I plan on staying 23 for the rest of my life!
This week was about the same as last week. Just keep trying to find the prepared :) I know they're there somewhere...we just gotta find them! The amazing thing about missions is that when you go out you expect to be changing lives. (And yes you do!) But I never expected to be learning so much about myself and learning all these life lessons. It's true when they say that 2 years of your mission adds up to 40 years of life experience. It's SO true!! As a missionary you are thrown into SO MANY different situations. Different members, investigators, problems, companions (good and bad), homes, lifestyles, everything! These moments are going to shape the rest of my life and eternity. I am so grateful everyday for my mission. I'm also grateful for the hard times I've had, for the refiners fire. It's in those precious moments of heat and pressure where God mold us from coal to diamonds. Yes, the heat and pressure are sure uncomfortable at times and sometimes it's more than you can bare. But, if we keep enduring, keep trying, be believing, God will mold us into the person he has always seen in us. Someone that is better than we ever could have imagined being. Ha I've still got a lot of heat and pressure to go. I've got so many weaknesses but I know that through God I can be my best :) Ahh isn't the gospel great! Thats one part that I love about the things we believe is that we can always be better. Each day is a brand new day and we can make each day better than the one before.
 
I love you all so much! Thank you for your love and CONSTANT support. I could not do it without you that is for sure!! I love you all to the moon and back! Cheers from Hogwarts!
Love, Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment