Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Week 27


I am staying in Brid....
Sister Stout is leaving me for Don Valley in the Sheffield Zone! She'll be with my first comp/trainer Sister Freeman! And Sister Stout will be speaking Slovakian! So excited for her she's going to be amazing!!!
 
And I...am....TRAINING!!!!!!! AAAAAHHHH!!! :O!!!
I am training a little GREENY!!! Her name is Sister Hall...and that is all i know about her!!
She'll be coming to Bridlington tomorrow!!! So I'm pretty much guaranteed to be here until the end of June. (2 transfers)
 
I'm still kinda in shock ha. I still feel like a greeny myself. They usually dont have people that have been out 6 months train, but i guess when the Lord wants ya to do something you do it!
I don't really know how to feel ha I'm nervous, scared, excited, nervous, so nervous!!
Joe and Ray: Ok you guys trained right?! Any advice? What can i do to help her learn and grow in the mission!?
 
I just remember my first day here in the field. Oh man I was nervous! I had no idea what to do or say or ANYTHING! That's how Sister Hall is gonna be! Any advice family? Friends? Anyone!?
 
Thank you Mal for putting my name in the temple! That was inspired, I'm gonna need all the prayers I can! I know I'm gonna grow SO much from this experience training her though. I prayed a LOT last night about what I need to do, What God wants me to do for her and I just felt this, "Be an example".
 
I just felt like, "Yep they call trainers "Mum's and Dads" for a reason. She is literally going to do what you do, say what you say, be the type of missionary you are...be an example...she's watcing."
This trainer thing is going to be a lof of responsibility but it gives me an oppertunity to be an example. Isn't that what is about in the wondeful gospel we live it though? Being an example :) We are truly a "peculiar people" but we get a chance to be happy, be an example, be believing, and letting our light so shine!
 
I think sometimes we get so consumed with, "What the world expects me to be/ What the world wants me to be" but we forget that God says, "I just want you to be WHO YOU ARE...be my child, a child of God." We have a divine light within us, we all do!! All he asks is that we let it shine in the darkening world we live in. A lot of the time it's easier said than done, but we gotta do it!! Cause who else will?
 
These next 12 weeks are going to be a huge learning and growing experience for me and hopefully Sister Hall as well ;)
 
I love you all so so so much!!! Keep keepin on ok?! We gotta be a forever family, so do what you gotta do so we can all be there!!
Love you to the moon and back! Cheers til next week!
Love, Sister Brown
 

No comments:

Post a Comment