Monday, November 28, 2011

Week 10

Hey ya Family!

How is everyone doing this week?! I hope just wonderfuly! So is anyone else weirded out that Thanksgiving is this week...i know i am! Time is just flying! In a few days it will be December and then in a few short weeks i'll be TALKIN TO THE BEST FAMILY EVER!!! Has it crossed anyone elses minds that this will be the 3rd year in a row for our family to talk to one of our missionaries :D This time it will be me on the other end.

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: Old lady in Sunday School commenting on obedience "Well me personally, i like to sin at least once a day. Because then at the end of the day when i talk to God i can ask for forgiveness and feel how much he loves me!" BAHAHA (I almost lost it in church...absolutely lost it when church was over though...so funny. LOVE that lady (Sister Shearer))

This week went by SO FAST! I can't believe i'm at the computer screen again :) Since it's Turkey Day this week and we don't celebrate it here I wanted to go through all the things i'm thankful for...which is a lot but i'll just name a few :)

I'm grateful missionary work and this oppertunity i have to be a disciple of Christ.

These months have been some of the hardest but most rewarding days of my life. The people i have met, the things i've learned, the time i've had to study the scriptures, have been priceless. And i've still got 16 more months of this! (Anyone who thinks (boys or girls) they want to serve a mission or even that it's not for them...THINK AGAIN! Missions are the best thing you could do for yourself! JUST DO IT!)

I'm grateful for my investigators

Especially Malcom. So sadly...earth shattering sadly. We felt guided and prompted by the Holy Ghost that the best thing we could do for him this week was to drop him. He wasn't progressing at all. The last 4 times we saw him we was completely wasted and not in place where he could give up alcohol. Thats one of the downfalls of agency..is that we all have it and we choose to use it. He chose alcohol. So we told him we loved him and that we had done all we could-gave him all the tools he needs to be better. But that we couldn't see him anymore. I cried like a little baby haha I just love him so much. He has changed my life forever and i hope that someday he figures out that he needs to stop drinking. Cause he knows the book of mormon is true and that Joseph Smith is a prophet, he knows the church is true. He just needs to live it.

I'm grateful for President Lindley.

I don't care what you RM's say my mission president trumps your any day!! :) ;) He called us this week about Brian. Brian is still just so hard hearted and we can't seem to get through to him. He just wants to do his life his way-doesn't care what God wants him to do. So president Lindley called us this week and got Brians number from us so that he could call him and encourage him to be baptized this year (back story: So president was the one who interviewed Brian for baptism back in October because of Brians criminal past) President knows Brian and loves him just as much as we do. I so appreciate him and all that he does for us and is willing to do to bring Gods children back into the fold :) He's SO wonderful!

I'm grateful for the amazing members in the Stanley Ward

OH they are wonderful! i wish i could go into detail about everyone of them. They are wonderful, they take such good care of us and are so involved in the work that we do here! Fam be involved in the missionary work in your ward!! Do all you can for the missionaries! Give them refferals, go out teaching with them, invite them over for dinner. We can't do our work without the support of the members, the bishopric, our ward mission leader, and the ward council.

I'm so grateful for my family.

I don't know if you know them ;) but my family is the best! You have always been so supportive of me, loving, caring, and especially patient (oh the patience you've had with me over the years...) Thank you. I don't think i could ever say it enough. I wouldn't be out here if you hadn't encouraged me to go, i wouldn't have been able to stay here if it wasn't for your love, encouragement, examples, and prayers. I love you all so so so much!!!

I hope you have such an amazing week this week! Read your scriptures, pray-really talk with God! He's always there. I know this church is true. I know God lives and that the biggest act of love that he has given us is our Savior Jesus Christ. The attonement is and will be the biggest, greatest, most eternal act of love that man kind will ever know. I am so grateful to my Savior. "I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me, confused at the grace that so fully to proffers me, i tremble to know that for ME (all of us) he was crucified, that for me a SINNER he SUFFERED he bled and died. Oh it is wonderful that he should care for me ENOUGH TO DIE FOR ME!! Oh it is wonderful, wonderful to me!"


i love you all so much! To the moon and back! :) Cheers til next week! Turrah!

Love, Sister Brown :)

1 comment:

  1. I knew a Sister Shearer who was from Darlington. Her husband wasnt a member. She was so sweet, so helpful to missionaries. She was funny too in that way you are talking.

    ReplyDelete