Sunday, May 27, 2012

Week 35


Hello Family!
Well thing here in Brid are just super duper!! We had quite a miracle this week that I wanted to share with you. Of course as missionaries we are SO prayerful about the places that we go finding. So me and Sis. Hall felt prompted to go knock on St. Annes Road so we did. We knock...and knock....and knock some more....not a whole lot of success. But we knock at this door and it's this little old lady who look surpirsed to see us. She said she was really busy but wanted us to come back a few days later...so we did :) Her name is Ann and she is lovely! We get talking to her about how she's been looking for the right church her whole life but doesn't fully agree with all the Christian churches. She then goes on to say that she has a grandaughter who is just like her and believes in Jesus very strongly and just joined the Mormom church. She goes on to say that she used to go to Christ Church (ugh this AWFUL church that is THE GREAT AND ABOMINABLE CHURCH here in Brid...woof.) And I'm thinking to myself, "Wow...this is all sounding VERY familiar..." and I say, "Ann, is your grandaughter Nanci Smythe?" She then says, "Well yes! Do you know her?" AAAHHH!! :D WE FOUND NANCI'S GRANDMA!!! God sent us to her and she LOVED EVERY BIT of what we told her about the Restoration. We taught probably the best lesson 1 I've ever taught, filled to the rim with Bible and Book of Mormon truth (LOVE the Bible). She loved it! Then she came to church this Sunday and LOVED IT! It was like she was a member. She was filled with wonderful comments and was loved by all! I just know she's gonna get baptized...I just hope I'm here for it!! We also had Ian and Maurice at church and they also loved church! Ian is lookin pretty good for baptism too but he is bound and determinded that he wants to be baptized July 4 becuase it's Independence Day (British people love Independence Day...couldn't tell ya why...) and because it's his birthday ha.
Thing here in Brid are moving along nicely :) We've got a few solid investigators...some not so solid but hey that's the life of a missionary. It's been tough meeting these people cause chances are in a few weeks I'll be leaving Brid :( I just try not to think about it ha
I know I say this all the time but I LOVE MY MISSION!! It is the hardest, best thing ever!!!
I hope this week goes wonderful! Take lots of pictures at the graduation and send them to me!! I love you all so much! Thank you so much for all your love and support!! I love ya to the moon and back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers til next week! :)
Love, Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment