Hello my beautiful family!!
From the sounds of it, things are pretty crazy!! And yes I'm so glad I'm here and not cleaning out Grandmas flat :) Good luck with that everyone! And good luck with everything this weekend!! My heart and prayers are especially with ya this weekend!! Take lots of pictures!!! Where are they going on their honeymoon?! Man, my lil bros getting MARRIED!!! So crazy, but so exciting! Good luck you two! I'm so happy for you!! :D
This week was an interesting one...we were in the flat for most of the week because Sister Berakdar is sick. We're taking her to the Doctor today to see whats going on. We thought it was just a virus but it's lasted 2 weeks and it's getting worse. Keep her in your prayers that she'll get better (so we can work!! I've got cabin fever here!) Ha so I've just been in the flat...cleaning, napping, studying, being bored mostly. I just wanna get out and work!! It's amazing how Heavenly Father blesses us even when we can't work but we're doing our best. I definitely saw that this week. We've got 1 investigator (because we haven't really been able to work for 2 weeks) and his name is Greg. He's 19 and he's such a great kid. He's progressing so well, he came to church on Sunday and loved it! He's looking really solid to be interviewed this weekend and then he's scheduled to be baptized on the 27th of October. Even though we haven't been able to work really, God is still blessing us through Greg :)
We also had an amazing miracle earlier on this week, on Monday. So there is a member in our Branch named John Beaty. He lives in Amble and was on the bus a couple weeks ago and felt prompted to talk to this man about the gospel, and without even second guessing himself or the spirit he went right up to him and started talking to him about the church. By the end of the conversation, he had gotten his address and phone number and invited him to be taught more by the Sister Missionaries (that's US!) So Monday night after PDay we went over and had an amazing lesson with him. He ended up being a VERY lost sheep (Luke 15:4-7). He was baptized in 2001 and has been away from the church for a long time. Moments before Anthony (that's the less active) met John he had been wanting to come back to church. I have such a testimony that God knows and loves us individually. He knows exactly where all his sheep are and he wants us to be happy. He knew Anthony and knew that John would listen to the whisperings of the spirit. I am so grateful that John was worthy to listen to the spirit and that he was guided to find Anthony. And now we're teaching him and his WIFE! His wife's name is Tresa (isn't that just the most beautiful name?! it just makes my heart sing ;) ) and we'll be teaching her the restored gospel tonight :) I love being a missionary. I see these kind of things everyday!! I know that God is so mindful of us and his work and glory is to make us happy. He wants us to be as families forever, he wants Anthony and Tresa to be together forever. I am so grateful to be such small part of this eternal process!
Another thing I wanted to write home about was my mission family the Robson's. I just wanted to give you a little up date on how Gordon is doing...He's not doing very well. He's now got a pretty bad pneumonia that is filling his lungs with fluid. There is not anything more they can do. :( So they've given him 2 days to live. Please keep the Robson's in your prayers as well. They've taken such good care of me while I've been away from my real family, I truly consider them my family as well. They are the strongest people I know, they're faith has never once shaken through all of their trials. If your reading this Robson's know that I love you so much and you've changed my life forever.
I hope everyone has such a great week this week!! I know things will be crazy with the wedding, but I hope everything runs smoothly! Remember..take LOTS of pictures!!!!
I love you all to the moon and back! Cheers til next week!
Love, Sister Brown