Hello my sweet rodina (that's family in slovak ;) )
Well we got the transfer news...and I...am...STAYING!!! We're all so sad that Sister Bendtsen is leaving :( She's being transferred to York to work in the Chinese speaking area there. It's all just so exciting, she's going to do an amazing job there in York! I am SOOO glad I'm staying! I'm staying with my Idaho homie Sister Melander! Chances are (unless something absolutely crazy happens) Don Valley will probably be my last area. (that's weird...) The best part about this whole thing is that me and Sister Hall will be spending Christmas together!!! We got Mothers Day and Christmas!! What a blessing, I'm SO spoiled this Christmas!! Your missionary is just so so happy!!
My little sisters papers are IN!!!! AHHH!!! When do you think she'll find out? Probably after Christmas huh....well keep me posted!!! RAYMOND! YOU'RE SO SMART!! You are just such a hot item right now, everyone wants you! Congrats on all the acceptance!!! If I have any say...I think you should stay in Utah...just sayin...
The Jazz won the Lakers....IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!!!! Grant...don't worry, theres always next year... ;) Mum I love you!! Thank you so so so so much!!! My camera here is on it's last breaths of life. Thank you so much!!! AND I GOT MY CHRISTMAS PACKAGES!!! Don't worry...I opened the boxes but not the presents. But I did start eating the Mac'n'Cheese and watched the wedding DVD. HOLY COW that DVD WAS AMAZING!!!! It was so good to see everyone and to see that nothing had changed ha! Everyone is still the same, but just looks a little bit older. Kate and Matt are the only ones who have really changed the most...well and Danny, apparently Danny has teeth now. Ha that was good to see ;)
We had another amazing week here in Don Valley! We made standards of excellence again and the Lord is truly opening up the windows of heaven and pouring out his blessings upon us. If all goes according to plan we'll have some of our investigators interviewed for baptism this week and then baptized on the 22nd. Keep Sylvia, Katrina and her kids in your prayers. They are absolutely amazing!! The work is just so different here in Don Valley. I imagine it being like South America. Just going into peoples homes to teach and then while you're there you teach there cousins, uncles, friends, etc. For real, it rocks. I'm kinda getting the language. The gift of tongues is real peeps. I'm so grateful that I've had a chance to experience it as a missionary.
Oh...so business items:
So the mission Christmas party pday is next week on Tuesday...so I'm not sure when I'm going to email next week...but I will email! But in the next email if you could tell me when you would like me to call for Christmas that would be great. Christmas isn't on a Sunday this year so we won't have to deal with the weird "should I ring before or after church" nonsense ha. So I can pretty much ring anytime between 8am-12pm Utah time ( 3pm-7pm my time) So just let me know! Can't wait to see you all!
Ok back to Don Valley:
I just can't get over how prepared the people are here. They live in such humble circumstances that have prepared them to fully except the gospel of Jesus Christ (evanjelium Jezisa Kristus. Just wippin slovak all up in here ;) ) I am just so honoured to be among such prepared people. It truly shows how much God loves his children, all of them. He is so aware of every thing that goes on, and what a blessing it is to be apart of it. I get to tell people how much God loves them...it's da best! I think out of all the things we do, I love telling people how much God loves them. I say something like "do you have any idea how much God loves you...you are his precious child..you are a child of God." I don't think even we as members of the church can even being to understand the love of God. Each Christmas we get to celebrate the greatest act of love that God ever showed us...and that is Jesus Christ. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son. Our Heavenly Father (Nebeski Otec) gave us a Saviour...a Redeemer so that we could live as a giant family forever. I don't know about you, but I'd say that is a LOT of love!! I love Christmas. I love you! (to the moon and back of course) and I love my God and my Saviour. I love that little baby wrapped in swaddling close layed in a humble manger. I'm so grateful everyday that I get to represent him :) So no one forget the reason for the season. Jesus Christ.
I love you all so much! Have a wonderful week and Cheers til next time!
Love, Sestre Brownova :)